10.12.23

sanctification (και πολλά υστερόγραφα)


 



MESCALINE


Rotting Ginsberg, I stared in the mirror naked today

I noticed the old skull, I'm getting balder

my pate gleams in the kitchen light under thin hair

like the skull of some monk in old catacombs lighted by

a guard with flashlight

followed by a mob of tourists

so there is death

my kitten mews, and looks into the closet

Boito sings on the phonograph tonight his ancient song of angels

Antinous bust in brown photograph still gazing down from my wall

a light burst from God's delicate hand sends down a wooden dove to the calm virgin

Beato Angelico's universe the cat's gone mad and scraowls around the floor


What happens when the death gong hits rotting ginsberg on the head

what universe do I enter

death death death death death the cat's at rest

are we ever free of - rotting ginsberg

Then let it decay, thank God I know

thank who

thank who

Thank you, O lord, beyond my eye

the path must lead somewhere

the path

the path

thru the rotting shit dump, thru the Angelico orgies

Beep, emit a burst of babe and begone

perhaps that's the answer, wouldn't know till you had a kid

I dunno, never had a kid never will at the rate I'm going


[...]


I want to know

I want I want ridiculous to know to know WHAT rotting ginsberg

I want to know what happens after I rot

because I'm already rotting

my hair's falling out I've got a belly I'm sick of sex

my ass drags in the universe I know too much

and not enough

I want to know what happens after I die

well I'll find out soon enough

do I really need to know now?

is that any use at all use use use

death death death death death

god god god god god god god the Lone Ranger

the rhythm of the typewriter

What can I do to Heaven by pounding on Typewriter

I'm stuck change the record Gregory ah excellent he's doing just that

and I am too conscious of a million ears

at present creepy ears, making commerce

too many pictures in the newspapers

faded yellowed press clippings

I'm going away from the poem to be a drak contemplative


trash of the mind

trash of the world

man is half trash

all trash in the grave


What can Williams be thinking in Paterson, death so much on him

so soon so soon

Williams, what is death?

Do you face the great question now each moment

or do you forget at breakfast looking at your old ugly love in the face

are you prepared to be reborn

to give release to this world to enter a heaven

or give release, give release

and all be done-and see a lifetime-all eternity-gone over

into naught, a trick question proposed by the moon to the answerless earth

No Glory for man! No Glory for man! No glory for me! No me!


No point writing when the spirit doth not lead


 NY, 1959


Από το Kaddish, του Allen Ginsberg


ΥΓ 1. Προσπαθώ να έρθω σε επαφή με την εβραϊκή μου ταυτότητα. Νομίζω δεν ήταν καλό ξεκίνημα το Kaddish.

ΥΓ 2. Άλλα πράγματα ανακαλύπτω, νομίζω. Το συγκεκριμένο με στοίχειωσε και το σκέφτομαι συνέχεια.

ΥΓ 3. Βέβαια έβγαλα μια στροφή. Γιατί δεν με εκφράζει. Απολύτως.

ΥΓ 4. Και εδώ εγώ εκφράζομαι.

ΥΓ 5. Απολύτως.

ΥΓ 6. Black and White.

ΥΓ 7. Και έτσι ερμηνεύω τον κόσμο κάθε μέρα. Έχω ζηλωτικές απόψεις για πράγματα που μισοκαταλαβαίνω, για έννοιες των οποίων δεν ξέρω καλά τον ορισμό.

ΥΓ 8. Οι περισσότερες διαφωνίες εκεί έξω οφείλονται στο γεγονός πως τα μέρη που διαφωνούν απλά δεν συμφωνούν στους ορισμούς. Στα βασικά.

ΥΓ 9. Οπότε θα σας βάλω και αυτό το αριστούργημα των DI6. Για μια βδομάδα δεν είχα πρόσβαση σε streaming μουσικής κανενός είδους και δεν είχα τίποτα αποθηκευμένο (ποιός έχει, αλήθεια;).

ΥΓ 10. Αυτό το είχα. Γιατί κάπως έπρεπε να κρατάω την ψυχή μου in check. Και σας έχω βάλει ήδη το οπισθόφυλλο από τον δίσκο στην αρχή. Όχι το εξώφυλλο. Δεν είμαι σίγουρος πως συμφωνώ μαζί του

απολύτως.